1. Visit https://www.twu.ca/learning-commons/writing-centre and click “Appointments.”
2. Log in with your TWU Pass.
3. Click to log in and book an appointment. If you have already made an account, you can skip ahead to step 4.
4. Log into the Learning Common website and book appointments. Make sure you choose Writing Center on the top of the webpage!
5. Choose your writing tutor and appointment time. Click on any of the blank white squares to open a new window with the selected tutor’s bio.
6. Select your meeting preference.
7. Confirm your appointment booking time and location.
8. For an online appointment, click “Start or Join Online Consultation” to start Zoom meeting. For an in-person appointment, come to the Writing Centre toward the back-right of the first floor of the Alloway Library.
To modify or cancel an existing appointment, click on the yellow block or select it from My Appointments under the Welcome menu. This is important because it opens up the spot for someone else. Please also send a message to the person you had booked with. If you do not cancel and you miss your appointment, after three missed appointments, your account will be de-activated and frozen for 7 days. After 7 days, you can request re-activation by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
To be placed on the waiting list, click on the WAITING LIST link that appears at the bottom right of each day on the schedule. You will be notified via email or text to alert you of openings throughout the whole day. ***However, you will only be alerted of available openings; you will still need to make an appointment.***